FIND MHA PROGRAMS
2 MHA Programs in Washington – 2023
Written By: Editorial Staff @ NursingProcess.org
Graduates of MHA programs in Washington State earn $138,580 annually on average. This educational background prepares you to assume leadership roles in a wide range of healthcare settings, including medical centers, hospitals, outpatient clinics, nursing homes, and government agencies. Your studies will include health policy, financial analysis, operations management, and behavioral economics. Healthcare is one of the most rapidly growing industries in Washington and the nation, so there will be a continuing need for qualified individuals to oversee its administrative aspects. Is this the right career track for you? Find out by reading about the 2 best MHA programs in Washington for 2023.
RECOMMENDED ONLINE MHA PROGRAMS
FOLLOWING ARE THE 2 MHA PROGRAMS IN WASHINGTON (ONLINE & CAMPUS) FOR 2023
1. University of Washington - Seattle
Programs Offered: MHA
(On-Campus) and Executive MHA
About the School:
If you have it in you to become a healthcare leader, then you must consider advancing to a career as a healthcare administrator. At the University of Washington, you can obtain proficiency in healthcare administration through two programs, a traditional on-campus MHA and an executive online MHA program. Ranked among the top in the nation as per the U.S. News & World Report, both these programs are some of the most sought-after MHA programs in Washington. With an excellent faculty, comprised of innovators and healthcare leaders, you will be prepared to lead in the dynamic healthcare field, little surprise that the college’s MHA graduates find suitable placements as soon as they graduate.
The on-campus MHA is the traditional track, designed for students having 2 to 3 years of work experience, whereas the online executive MHA is meant for mid-level professionals who have around 10 years of experience under their belt.
The traditional on-campus program is a rigorous 76-credit coursework that takes two years to complete. On the other hand, the online executive coursework requires the completion of a total of 69 credits.
Both these MHA programs in Washington build a strong foundation in core topics such as quantitative methods, health economics, management of health care organizations, health care financial management, project management, and clinical systems management. You also learn about health policy development, ethical issues in health services, and health administration & business law.
To be considered for admission into either the traditional on-campus or executive online program, you must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0. In addition, you must have relevant work experience, ranging from three to ten years, depending on the program you are applying to. No GRE is required. However, you must be prepared to submit your transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and a resume.
• Both these MHA programs in Washington offer courses sequentially and you move through it as part of a cohort of 30 students. The small-sized class opens up opportunities for close interactions with faculty and peers, thereby allowing you to build meaningful professional connections.
• To enhance your career prospects, you can take advantage of the college’s career services, through which you can request a mentor, apply for internships, and build a professional network, amongst others.
• While the traditional on-campus program requires completing an internship and a capstone project, the executive online program only requires finishing the capstone project at your current workplace.
• The college combines its MHA program with other complementing degrees, offering four dual degree programs, MHA/J.D., MHA/MBA, MHA/M.D., and MHA/MPA.
About the School:
Are you a healthcare professional who is keen on rising the ranks? If so, a degree from a reputed online master of healthcare administration program in Washington can help you achieve your dreams without putting your life on hold. The City University of Seattle can be your best bet as here, you can conveniently finish your education through an online coursework.
Further, being a private, non-profit college, here, you can earn your degree at an affordable tuition cost. Besides, you will be trained with a competitive edge to fulfill various roles in healthcare leadership, including that of a nursing director, healthcare consultant, hospital administration, clinical manager, and many more.
This MHA in Washington is offered online, so you can continue with your current employment while pursuing this degree. The coursework comprises 45 credits, out of which 33 are in core courses, 9 are elective courses, and 3 credits are in a capstone course.
By completing this program, you’ll master concepts in healthcare informatics & technology, financial management, healthcare law & ethics, healthcare strategic planning & implementation, and human resource management. You will also gain proficiency in operations analysis in healthcare and quality assessment & improvement in healthcare.
To be able to apply to this MHA in Washington, you must have an accredited bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0. In addition, you must have relevant work experience of at least a year. Also, the submission of transcripts, a resume, a personal goals statement, and letters of recommendation is required.
• The college’s MHA graduates are holding top positions in several prominent healthcare organizations across Seattle. As an MHA student, you can use this strong alumni network for professional networking.
• The MHA school is a Yellow Ribbon School. This means, that service members and their spouses can expect several benefits in terms of tuition assistance. In addition, students from the military may also receive transfer credits for their military experience.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the Total Number of Accredited MHA programs in Washington?
As per the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
, currently there are 1 accredited Master’s in Healthcare Administration programs in Washington.
|Total MHA Programs|
|1|MHA Programs in Other Cities & States