Our Contributing Writers » Raymond Aguirre
Contributing Writer Bio: Raymond M.E. Aguirre
Raymond M.E. Aguirre, RN, BSN, PHN, CHPN
Raymond M.E. Aguirre is a registered nurse with years of experience in the medical field. He currently works as a public health nurse and has years of experience in home health, hospice, and skilled nursing facility settings. He began his healthcare career as a nurse’s assistant while he pursued his diploma as a licensed vocational nurse. After working for several years, he pursued his Bachelor of Science Nursing degree from California State University, Los Angeles. Besides his nursing license, he is also a certified Public Health Nurse in California and a Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN).
Writing is one of Raymond’s passions. He has written articles, short stories, essays, and poetry, some of which have been published in print and online. In June 2021, he will be releasing his collection of short stories entitled Caregivers and Other Stories. He also loves music, and can play the guitar, the bass, and the drums.
Raymond was born in the Philippines but has lived in southern California for more than a decade. He now resides with his wife and two children in a small city in the Inland Empire, an area he absolutely loves because of its wide open spaces and desert landscape.
Raymond Aguirre’s Education
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing-California State University, Los Angeles
• Diploma in Vocational Nursing-Premiere Career College
• Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration-California State University, Fullerton
Raymond Aguirre’s Work History
• Public Health Nurse at San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
• Registered Nurse Case Manager at Living Waters, LLC
• Field Registered Nurse at Maximum Care Providers, Inc.
• Charge Nurse/Treatment Nurse at Huntington Drive Health and Rehabilitation Center