Contributing Writer Bio: Darby Faubion
Darby Faubion, RN, BSN, MBA
Darby Faubion is a nurse and allied health instructor with over 20 years of clinical experience. Darby lives in Louisiana and loves exploring the state’s rich culture and history.
Darby has a passion for caring for veterans and a special interest in those affected by post-traumatic stress disorder. She founded a non-profit called “Operation Battle Buddy,” which partners veterans with pets trained to identify changes in their owners related to high stress and to lead them to safe places. To date, she has placed support animals with veterans in 39 of the 50 United States.
Darby’s work history includes clinical experience in pediatrics, mental health, addiction and behavioral disorders, geriatrics, wound management, and communicable disease. Darby has worked in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and home health and hospice agencies.
Darby has experience as a nursing and allied health educator at both community college and university levels. Her love for nursing and nursing education led to her becoming a test-taking strategist and NCLEX prep coach, which allowed her to work with nursing students and graduates preparing to take the National Council Licensure Exam.
Additionally, Darby has contributed to the creation of health-related courses and supplemental teaching materials. These courses are used in dual-enrollment programs, preparing students to transition to healthcare studies after graduating from high school.
Darby’s greatest passion is sharing her experience and clinical background to educate nurses and individuals considering nursing and healthcare careers, and she does that as a writer. She has spent the last three years focused solely on promoting nursing and healthcare by providing insight as one of the main contributing authors for Nursing Process.
Darby Faubion’s Education
• Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Alcorn University
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Excelsior University
• Master of Business Administration (MBA), Capella University
Darby Faubion’s Professional Experience
• Contributing Author, Nursing Process
• Freelance author and blogger with special emphasis on nursing
• Content Creation A.E.S.
• Pediatric Nurse, E.A. Conway/LSUHSC
• Case Management, SFMC
• Bereavement Counselor and Coordinator, Gamble Hospice Care
• Executive Director, Gamble Hospice Care
• Nursing/Allied Health Faculty and Student Advisor, Delta Community College
• Allied Health Faculty (IWTP), University of Louisiana at Monroe
Darby Faubion’s Accomplishments And Achievements
• Assisted with the development of curriculum for dual enrollment, allied health, and nursing programs
• Created a non-profit to promote awareness and support for veterans with PTSD
• Advocates for victims of domestic violence by promoting awareness of DV and educating victims about available resources
Darby Faubion’s Hobbies And Interests
• Working with veterans causes, especially dealing with veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder
• Loves taking cruises with her daughter
• Baking (especially with the help of her granddaughter)