Our Contributing Writers » Brooke Schmidt
Contributing Writer Bio: Brooke Schmidt
Brooke Schmidt, RN, BSN
Brooke Schmidt is a registered nurse with 10 years of clinical experience. She is currently living in Oregon and enjoys exploring the Pacific Northwest with her family.
Brooke graduated from The University of Portland with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. During her time in school, Brooke developed a passion for geriatrics and chose a specialized practicum to gain further experience with this population.
Brooke’s additional work experience includes one year as a pediatric nurse and one year as a case management nurse supporting seniors living in their own homes. She has spent the last eight years working in home health, community care, and palliative care. Brooke also specialized in complex wound management, including the development of treatment plans for wound care and educating other nurses on wound care best practices.
Brooke is currently using her experience and background to educate others through freelance writing as well as working at seasonal vaccination clinics to promote health in her local community,
Brooke Schmidt’s Education
• University of Portland, Portland , Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing
Brooke Schmidt’s Professional Experience
• 1 year as a pediatric RN
• 1 year in geriatric case management
• 8 years in community/home health and palliative care
• Certified skin care nurse expert
• Currently working as a freelance nurse writer
Brooke Schmidt’s Professional Accomplishments And Achievements
• Contributed to the development of wound care policies and procedures
• Providence Spirit of Emilie Mission Inspiration Award nominee
Brooke Schmidt’s Hobbies And Interests