Our Contributing Writers » Andrea Mosher
Contributing Writer Bio: Andrea Mosher, CPNP, PMHS
Andrea Mosher, CPNP, PMHS
Andrea Mosher, CPNP, is a primary care pediatric nurse practitioner with a variety of nursing experience. She has worked in medical-surgical, emergency departments, urgent care and primary care pediatrics. She started her career as a patient care associate in an urban hospital while earning her second degree accelerated BSN at Oakland University. After graduation she worked in both a suburban and rural emergency room. While working as an ER nurse she attended the University of Michigan to become a primary care pediatric nurse practitioner. Additionally, she is a certified pediatric mental health specialist.
With this drastic evolution in practice, she had a steep learning curve. However, her daily role is based significantly on educating patients and families, so writing freelance health content just seemed to be the perfect fit to share her knowledge with patients and other healthcare workers. She is the owner and operator of Pen to Paper NP and has been published in various sources online.
She currently resides in rural Michigan and enjoys outdoor activities like gardening, golfing, and fishing.
Andrea Mosher’s Education
• Master’s of Science- Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, University of Michigan
• Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing, Oakland University
• Bachelor’s of Science in Wellness, Health Promotion and Injury Prevention, Oakland University
Andrea Mosher’s Work History
• Pediatric Nurse Practitioner at Thumb Pediatrics
• Emergency Department Nurse at Scheurer Health
• Emergency Department Nurse at William Beaumont Hospital
• Patient Care Associate at Detroit Receiving Hospital