Contributing Writer Bio: Amy K. Cooney RN, BSN, SCRN
Amy K. Cooney RN, BSN, SCRN
Amy has been a registered nurse for 35 years. She has had multiple specialties throughout her career. She has been ANCC certified in Medical Surgical Nursing and Nursing Professional Development. As a Home Health nurse, she was certified in Chronic Disease Management. She is currently certified by the American Association of Neuroscience Nursing in Stroke Care.
Her experiences include Acute Care, Home Health Nursing, Rehabilitation Nursing, Case Management and Nursing Education, as both a staff educator and as adjunct clinical faculty for a variety of nursing programs.
Amy is passionate about developing new nurses’ knowledge, competence and confidence. She has served as a preceptor for dozens of nurses throughout her career and takes great pride in the quality of nurses she has mentored. All have gone on to highly successful nursing careers.
Amy enjoys program development and content writing as a subject expert. Amy loves data and believes it is a powerful tool for developing nursing practice.
Amy earned her Bachelor’s in nursing (BSN) from Russell Sage College in Troy New York in 1986 and, as previously mentioned, has had certifications in several nursing specialties.
Amy’s Work Experience
• Staff Nurse and charge nurse at Berkshire Medical Center, Pittsfield MA
• Clinical Nurse and charge nurse at Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
• Case Manager at Maine Medical Center Portland. ME
• Clinical Nurse Educator Mercy Hospital, Portland, ME
• Clinical Educator at Home Health Visiting Nurses, Saco, ME
• Adjunct Clinical Faculty University of Maine Nursing Program, Portland, ME
• Adjunct Clinical Faculty, Southern Maine Community College South Portland, ME
• Adjunct Clinical Faculty, St. Joseph’s College, Standish, ME
• Prospective Payment Systems Coordinator at New England Rehabilitation Hospital, Portland, ME
• Data Coordinator for Comprehensive Stroke Certification at Maine Medical Center’s Neuroscience Institute. Portland, ME
• Freelance copy writer and founder of Boomer Healthcare Copy in South Portland, ME