3 Best (FASTEST) WHNP Online Programs – 2023
Written By: Editorial Staff @ NursingProcess.org
WHAT ARE THE BEST (FASTEST) WHNP ONLINE PROGRAMS IN THE NATION?
(Based on our Ranking Methodology, the following are the 3 best fastest WHNP online programs for 2023. You can complete these MSN-WHNP programs in 20 months or less.)
Program Length: 3 Semesters
If you find your calling in women’s health, then Vanderbilt University offers an excellent women’s health nurse practitioner that can be completed sooner than you think. Among the best fastest WHNP programs online, Vanderbilt’s WHNP produces high-skilled women’s health practitioners who work in a variety of settings, including, prenatal clinics, infertility clinics, family planning clinics, and women’s prisons, to name a few.
The WHNP program is open to both, non-nurses as well as to BSN-prepared nurses. For nurses, the coursework is offered in an accelerated online format. However, if you come from a non-nursing background, you’ll first complete the pre-specialty coursework on campus, after which you can finish the WHNP-related courses online. Because non-nurses complete more courses they take longer to graduate, as against the accelerated pace of students coming from a nursing background. Regardless, the program leads to the MSN degree and prepares graduates for the WHNP certification exam.
The WHNP coursework is broad, encompassing various areas of women’s health, including breast health, sexual health, contraception, pregnancy, hormone therapy, and menopause. The program comprises 40 credits and includes 630 hours of clinical training. Students take classes in advanced health assessment, pharmacotherapeutics, advanced physiology & pathophysiology, healthcare improvement, women’s health issues, and women’s health for advanced practice nursing.
How Fast Can You Complete Vanderbilt University WHNP Program: To complete Vanderbilt University’s fast-track WHNP online program all it takes is three semesters. While the three-semester plan, meant for nurses is offered full-time, if you prefer a slightly slower pace there is also a part-time option that takes six semesters to complete.
Admission Requirements: Vanderbilt University’s fast WHNP program is ideally meant for nurses who have an accredited BSN and an active RN license. Also, to qualify, your undergraduate GPA must be at least 3.0. To complete the application, you must be prepared to submit three recommendation letters, official transcripts, an essay, and a statement of purpose.
Why Choose Vanderbilt University WHNP Program
• Vanderbilt University’s graduate programs rank among the best in the nation as per the U.S. News & World Report.
• Vanderbilt University WHNP is one of the largest women’s health programs in the nation. Therefore, students not only enjoy a large pool of resources but can also expect some of the most diverse clinical experiences.
• Vanderbilt University’s WHNP students have the advantage of practicing clinical skills at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, which is among the nation’s top academic medical centers.
• Vanderbilt University’s WHNP program consistently reports a high pass rate on the national certification exam.
Program Length: Four-Semesters
As a women’s health practitioner, you’ll be responsible for improving female health & wellness, and Emory University’s WHNP program effectively prepares you for this challenging role. Offered in an accelerated online format, the program has limited campus requirements. Emphasizing patient-centered care, the program covers topics such as advanced health assessment, advanced physiology, advanced pharmacology, and diagnostic & clinical reasoning. Emory’s WNHP program also includes courses in research & evidence-based practice, innovative leadership, healthcare quality & patient safety, and women’s health gender-related nursing practice.
Leading to an MSN degree, the MSN-WHNP coursework comprises 45.5 credits and includes 600 hours of clinical practice. Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to take the WHNP certification exam, after passing which, you’ll be prepared to meet the reproductive & sexual healthcare needs of women in diverse healthcare settings. Emory’s WHNP graduates are much in demand and can be found working in hospitals, infertility clinics, community healthcare centers, nursing homes, etc.
How Fast Can You Complete Emory University WHNP Program: One of the best shortest WHNP programs online, Emory’s WHNP can be completed within just four consecutive semesters. Alternatively, there is a part-time track that takes six semesters to complete.
Admission Requirements: To qualify for Emory’s WHNP program, you must be a registered nurse with a BSN degree. The admission requirements also include your official transcripts, a resume, a personal statement, and two to three references. Emory’s admission process is competitive, so ensure you highlight the positives in your application.
Why Choose Emory University WHNP Program
• Emory University’s WHNP students receive specialized training in forensic nursing to meet the unique needs of female patients who are survivors of violence.
• Emory University’s WHNP program provides students with the unique opportunity of experiential learning in the rural areas of Peru. Students engage in service learning activities, such as cancer screening, etc.
• Emory University’s WHNP program, not only offers the flexibility of online coursework but also allows students to complete clinicals within their home community. This fast-track online WHNP program does not require a residency in GA, however, students must be prepared to visit the campus 1-2 times per semester for clinical intensives.
• Emory University offers generous financial aid. It is good to know that over 92% of Emory’s nursing students receive some sort of financial assistance.
Program Length: Four Semesters
Case Western Reserve University’s WHNP program allows nurses to enter the women’s healthcare field rather quickly. The program prepares graduates to focus on the reproductive and gynecological health needs of women from puberty until old age. The coursework effectively combines didactic courses with 600 hours of clinical training. The clinical training offers diverse experiences that take place at a variety of clinical sites across Northeast Ohio.
Among the sought-after fastest WHNP programs online, the WHNP-specialty courses are offered along with the MSN program. Offered in the distance format, the program requires students to make one to two campus trips every semester. The coursework comprises 38 credits that can be completed either part-time or full-time. Some of the topics covered include advanced physical assessment, health policy, legal issues, research process, gynecologic, reproductive & sexual and health promotion, and healthcare delivery & finance. In addition, the program also includes classes in the childbearing family, advanced pharmacology, evidence-based practice, and leadership for quality healthcare within organizations & systems. Upon graduation, you’ll obtain the MSN degree and be eligible to sit for the WHNP exam.
How Fast Can You Complete Case Western Reserve University WHNP Program: To complete Case Western Reserve University’s WHNP program, all it takes is four years of full-time study or up to three years of part-time study. Also, because you can begin the program any term, you’ll be able to start the program as soon as you are ready.
Admission Requirements: The admission requirements for Case Western Reserve University’s fast online WHNP program include three recommendation letters, an essay, and a resume. To qualify for admission, students must foremost have a BSN with a GPA of at least 3.0.
Why Choose Case Western Reserve University WHNP Program
• Case Western Reserve University ranks among the best graduate schools in the nation, according to the U.S. News & World Report.
• Case Western Reserve University is well-known for its high-quality nursing education and innovative research. Little surprise that the school is among the top ten recipients of funding from the NIH. When you choose to complete your WHNP training at this school, you can rest assured of enjoying several learning opportunities both, inside and outside the classroom.
• Case Western Reserve University's WHNP program can be blended with the school’s midwifery program, making graduates eligible for dual certification.
VIEW OUR RANKING METHODOLOGY
SALARY AND JOB OUTLOOK FOR GRADUATES OF ONLINE WHNP PROGRAMS
WHAT STARTING SALARY CAN NEW GRADUATES OF ONLINE WHNP PROGRAMS EXPECT TO EARN?
WHAT AVERAGE SALARY CAN EXPERIENCED GRADUATES OF ONLINE WHNP PROGRAMS EXPECT TO EARN?
AVERAGE SALARY BY STATE FOR EXPERIENCED GRADUATES OF ONLINE WHNP PROGRAMS
| State || Average|
| Alabama || $111,440 |
| Alaska || $121,670 |
| Arizona || $126,910 |
| Arkansas || $111,970 |
| California || $165,300 |
| Colorado || $121,720 |
| Connecticut || $137,450 |
| Delaware || $126,040 |
| District of Columbia || $137,220 |
| Florida || $115,310 |
| Georgia || $120,670 |
| Hawaii || $134,130 |
| Idaho || $123,060 |
| Illinois || $127,860 |
| Indiana || $127,250 |
| Iowa || $133,990 |
| Kansas || $116,730 |
| Kentucky || $114,250 |
| Louisiana || $123,570 |
| Maine || $123,660 |
| Maryland || $125,070 |
| Massachusetts || $144,990 |
| Michigan || $118,940 |
| Minnesota || $133,970 |
| Mississippi || $122,580 |
| Missouri || $118,310 |
| Montana || $125,400 |
| Nebraska || $124,360 |
| Nevada || $142,410 |
| New Hampshire || $131,480 |
| New Jersey || $149,740 |
| New Mexico || $135,430 |
| New York || $147,890 |
| North Carolina || $119,640 |
| North Dakota || $119,110 |
| Ohio || $122,760 |
| Oklahoma || $127,260 |
| Oregon || $142,430 |
| Pennsylvania || $126,020 |
| Rhode Island || $130,930 |
| South Carolina || $114,080 |
| South Dakota || $120,850 |
| Tennessee || $103,830 |
| Texas || $130,310 |
| Utah || $120,850 |
| Vermont || $121,900 |
| Virginia || $122,280 |
| Washington || $141,740 |
| West Virginia || $111,630 |
| Wisconsin || $126,710 |
| Wyoming || $120,450 |
10-YEAR JOB OUTLOOK FOR GRADUATES OF ONLINE WHNP PROGRAMS
|(Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)|